John

Default how do i compare documents side by side

I'm using Office XP and Windows XP and I want to be able to compare 2
documents side by side. I see the Compare option in Word Perfect but the
option isn't there in Word. It works on my other laptop but it doesn't work
on this one. I do have a widescreen monitor if that matters. Is there
something I need to do to make the COMPARE option appear in the Windows menu?
Xero

John,

Open both documents in Word. Then on the Windows taskbar, hold down the Ctrl
key while selecting both buttons representing the two Word docs. Then
right-click on either one and choose Tile Vertically.

You can also use the 'Compare side by side with ... ' function, available
under the Window menu in Word. But since I own a Word 2003 copy, I am not
sure if that is available in Word XP.

HTH

Xero