Mary Lee

Default Word changes indent and tab settings when I restart numbering

In Word 2002 (and previous versions I have used, as well), restarting
numbering causes the paragraph indents and tabs to change - seemingly back to
some pre-set default. Is there something written about this? I suspect that
something between the paragraph settings and the numbering settings is not in
sync. In my current version of Word, however, the paragraph settings are
displayed in pixels and the numbering settings are shown in inches - I'm not
sure why - and I am having a hard time determining what is what.
--
Thanks!
Mary Lee

If you've defined the style and set the indents in the Numbering dialog (not
the Paragraph dialog), then it should work. The only case I know of where
indents are lost on pressing Enter is when one of the WordPerfect options is
enabled on the General tab of Tools | Options. But you should also disable
automatic numbered lists and "Define styles based on your formatting" on the
AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect Options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The only way around this is to use specific numbered styles (such as the
built-in List Number series).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.