ladyhicks

Default How do I adjust document margins to make it fit in printable area.

I manage to fit my resume on one page, however, the bottom of the page is not
printing. How do I make it fit and print?
Pat Garard

G'day Ladyhicks,

If it fits on one page in word, then it will generally Print
on one Page - however in your case some of the text
is clearly in a region on the paper that is "non-printing"
for your particular printer.

You need to move the text upward by reducing the
Top Margin
in
FilePage Setup....

If that is not possible ('cos you already done did that),
then (at the cost of appearance) try:
reducing both Left and Right Margins
in
FilePage Setup...
to get more text on each line

reducing the font size
EITHER
for the whole page
OR
for points (paragraphs) that you consider to be
marginally less important.

AND/OR
reducing the line spacing in
FormatParagraph
set the line spacing to "exactly" xx, where xx is
1 or two points less that the font size.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"ladyhicks" wrote in message
I manage to fit my resume on one page, however, the bottom of the page is
not
printing. How do I make it fit and print?

JBNewsGroup

Hi Pat,

You could also set all the margins in the print setup to zero and when you
get an error that the margins are wrong just click fix and let it do the
minimum. Sometimes this works out.

Jerry Bodoff

Document margins blue2lion Page Layout 2 April 12th 05 05:55 PM
printable area of page Bookworm Page Layout 1 January 8th 05 10:31 AM
Is there a way to make an Acrobat Reader Document a Word Document. NeedHelp2 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 29th 04 10:47 PM
How do I make a document protected so that it can not be changed? BJ Microsoft Word Help 3 December 28th 04 07:02 PM
Printable Area Chris Formatting Long Documents 1 December 1st 04 09:04 PM