Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathy G Kathy G is offline

Default Mail merge order

I have a large file that I exported from Access that contains Student Names
and their degrees. I need to do a mail merge to place the names into a
seating chart for graduation. The seating chart is a table that I have
created. My problem is that I need the names to be inserted from bottom to
top and right to left. Which is just backwards from the normal way. Any
suggestions would really be appreciated. I have tried sorting them in
inverse order but then my back row which is the top is filled and the front
row has just a few.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I can tell, the simplest solution is probably to add a few lines
with blank details to the top of your data source, but it depends on whether
you need to do that for more than one page in your plan.

Peter Jamieson
"Kathy G" wrote in message
I have a large file that I exported from Access that contains Student Names
and their degrees. I need to do a mail merge to place the names into a
seating chart for graduation. The seating chart is a table that I have
created. My problem is that I need the names to be inserted from bottom
top and right to left. Which is just backwards from the normal way. Any
suggestions would really be appreciated. I have tried sorting them in
inverse order but then my back row which is the top is filled and the
front
row has just a few.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a Query in Access to get the records into the order that you want them.
Access also has a Label Report Wizard that can probably be used to do what
you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.