Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Style Templates [was: Master Sub Documents (Thesis writing with Word)]

By default, footnotes use the Footnote Text paragraph style (which you can
modify to suit yourself). The footnote references (both in the text and in
the footnote) use the Footnote Reference character style, which can also be
customized.

"Nick H." niko25at@NOSPAM (at) yahoo.de wrote in message
.. .

Hello,

Let's see if I can pack in another question in here. I discovered an issue
with footnote text. As soon as I create a foot-/endnote, Word suggests to
use footnote text formatting (10-point). However, it is not defined as a
special style, like Heading 1, etc.

In order to save time, I created a file with the properly formatted
references so I just have to copy&paste that author's info. But as I paste
the lines from the "reference-file" into my footnote in the text, that
footnote text assumes the format of that in the reference file (i.e., 12
pt). If I were to paste my reference as unformatted text, I would lose the
formatting, i.e., underlining, etc.

Any suggestions/ideas?

--
Nick H.