Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chen chen is offline

Default Copy comments

I have a word document and I need to copy all the comments inserted to a new
document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro should do that:

Sub ExtractComments()
Dim DocA As Document
Dim DocB As Document
Dim comm As Variant
Dim Count As Long
Dim sComment As String
Set DocA = ActiveDocument
Set DocB = Word.Documents.Add
Count = 1
For Each comm In DocA.Comments
sComment = DocA.Comments(Count).Range.Text
sComment = "(" & DocA.Comments(Count).Initial & Count & ") " & sComment
DocB.Activate
Selection.TypeText sComment & vbCr
Count = Count + 1
Next comm