Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Val Val is offline

Default Linking Documents (Master Document with Children) and Objects

Hello,

Back in my WordPerfect days (6.0 to be exact, so a long time ago) we used to
create documents and tie them all together in a master document. Essentially,
I created Document 1, and Document 2 which were separate files. I then
created Document A (master document) and linked Document 1 and Document 2 to
it. Whenever I would change anything in Document 1 or Document 2 and
reprinted Document A, all changes would be reflected because everything was
linked together.

I'm looking to do the same thing with Word 2007 only I can't figure out how
to do this. I also want the same thing to happen with Visio drawings. If I
link a visio drawing to Document A and change the visio drawing then I want
Document A to automatically reflect the changes.

Hopefully this makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a million.

-- Val
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the response(s) to your other thread. You may want to give people some
time to finish writing their answers! :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Val" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Val Val is offline

Sorry about that. The website threw an error when I clicked on Post and I
assumed my question hadn't posted. I'll remove it if I can.

Thanks.

"Val" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you by any chance choose the option to be alerted by email when someone
responds to the thread? I have noticed that doing so often causes error
messages, unfortunately. Instead of using the web interface, it is easier to
make use of a newsreader such as Outlook Express (unless you are on a
network that prevents you from that option of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP