Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JMB JMB is offline

Default Cover Page

After creating a cover page I want to enter both the company name and the
department in the 'Company Name' field, on two separate lines. But hitting
Enter to start a second line of text doesn't work. Is there a way to do this?
--
JMB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A cover page for what and in which version of Word? Without knowing what
you have created and how it is difficult to suggest how to make it work as
you wish.

JMB wrote:
After creating a cover page I want to enter both the company name and
the department in the 'Company Name' field, on two separate lines.
But hitting Enter to start a second line of text doesn't work. Is
there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If this is a Word 2007 cover page, select the field, then from the Developer
Toolbar choose 'properties' in the controls group and set the option to
allow carriage returns.

JMB wrote:
After creating a cover page I want to enter both the company name and
the department in the 'Company Name' field, on two separate lines.
But hitting Enter to start a second line of text doesn't work. Is
there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JMB JMB is offline

Graham, thanks. That works for me. It is Word 2007 - thought that was obvious
as I had posted on the 2007 newsgroup. Happy new year!
--
JMB

JMB wrote:
After creating a cover page I want to enter both the company name and
the department in the 'Company Name' field, on two separate lines.
But hitting Enter to start a second line of text doesn't work. Is
there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

All of the Word NGs on this server apply to all versions of Word. It is
always helpful to specify what version you are using, but it is essential if
you're using Word 2007 because the UI and some features are so radically
different that answers must be tailored for that version.

news