Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ShellyK ShellyK is offline

Default TOC & Chapter No.'s

I have word 2007.

How do I make my TOC into two columns? I've tried making the TOC and then
clicking on it and going to the Page Layout and selecting 2 Columns but when
it puts it like that the page no.s don't show up. The book I have tells me to
go into References and clicking on TOC and then click modify, but I am not
able to click onto the modify button.

I have a book and I'm trying to get the page no's correct. My TOC page no's
are in i,ii,iii and I was able to put Chapter 1 into chapter-pageno.. The
problem is that for chapter one it comes up as 2-1. How can I change it so it
goes to 1-1.

For a chapter title, sometimes I can double click on it and get the menu "
Set Numbering Value" and other times I do not get this menu. For the times I
don't get this menu, how do I go about getting it?

Thank you!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Create the two-column section *before* you generate the TOC, and the tab
stop for the page numbers will be set correctly. Alternatively, after the
fact, modify the TOC styles to have the tab set in the rightplace.