Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz Johnson

Default Printing - ink level monitor

Hi, when I open the Print menu and then Properties the ink level monitor
shows 'empty' all the time. Why is this? Can I change it? How do I know when
to change my ink cartridges!??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Liz Johnson wrote:
Hi, when I open the Print menu and then Properties the ink level
monitor shows 'empty' all the time. Why is this? Can I change it? How
do I know when to change my ink cartridges!??

This really isn't a Word issue or even a Microsoft issue. The Properties
dialog and the ink monitor are supplied by the printer driver software,
which is the responsibility of the printer's manufacturer. You'll have to
ask them how to get the monitor working. Usually it's a matter of
uninstalling and reinstalling the software that came with the printer (NOT
reinstalling Word, which won't help at all), but you may need to download a
newer version of the printer software from the manufacturer's site.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman