Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NEW TO MAC - SCOTT NEW TO MAC - SCOTT is offline

Default what version of wordmac will allow me to print in book fold

I switch from pc to mac and I used pc version of word and print booklets
useing bookfold. I used a friends old version of word for mac and i can find
no such options. I would like to buy office or word for mac, but only if it
able to do bookfold and print on both sides.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Office/Word 2004 is the most current version (11.3.4) on the Mac & will
allow that type of work. It does set up a bit differently, but if you're
comfortable with it in PC Word you should be able to adjust. You can still
download the Test Drive (trial version, 11.2.1) from:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/

Just make sure that you do a proper removal of the Test Drive using the
Remove Office utility if you decide to purchase the retail package.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/21/07 4:06 PM, in article
, "NEW TO MAC - SCOTT"
NEW TO MAC -
wrote:

I switch from pc to mac and I used pc version of word and print booklets
useing bookfold. I used a friends old version of word for mac and i can find
no such options. I would like to buy office or word for mac, but only if it
able to do bookfold and print on both sides.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NEW TO MAC - SCOTT[_2_] NEW TO MAC - SCOTT[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the reply and I'll use the test version you mention. Thanks again
for the help.
jim scott

wrote:

I switch from pc to mac and I used pc version of word and print booklets
useing bookfold. I used a friends old version of word for mac and i can find
no such options. I would like to buy office or word for mac, but only if it
able to do bookfold and print on both sides.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NEW TO MAC - SCOTT[_2_] NEW TO MAC - SCOTT[_2_] is offline

Hi again
I downloaded the test drive and when i tried to run it, I got a message
saying "time has expired". So i used the uninstall and empty the trash as ask
to do and downloaded again and reinstalled and still could not access the
program for time has expired.
Have you ever had this problem?
thanks
jim

wrote:

I switch from pc to mac and I used pc version of word and print booklets
useing bookfold. I used a friends old version of word for mac and i can find
no such options. I would like to buy office or word for mac, but only if it
able to do bookfold and print on both sides.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Welcome to the Mac!

I don't think MacWord has bookfold at all, but there's a better option.
Download CocoaBooklet and install--this will allow you to print a
booklet from *any* program on your computer, including Word, as well as
the free TextEdit that came with the computer, or the trial version of
Pages that may be preloaded on a new mac. CocoaBooklet is free, find it
he
http://fabien.iconus.ch/cocoabooklet/
If you currently have Word X, it will work fine with that, even though
Word 2004 is the current version. (Bob, let me know where to find
Bookfold in Word 2004, if I'm wrong about that).

Printing on both sides is a function of your printer--if your printer
doesn't do duplex, then you need to manually duplex--print all the odd
pages, flip them over and print all the even pages. MacWord does allow
you to do this. If your printer allows duplex, and offers a printer
driver for the Mac, then you will be able to duplex.

For future reference--there are specific Mac Office groups here, and
it's better to post there to reach more Mac users:
See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

A caveat--the Test Drive will not let you print--that's a function of a
limited trial program--you will be able to print from the full version.
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default...ce2004tdreadme

Daiya