Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bendarr

Default How do I change number of lines in delivery address on envelope?

Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for the size of
font.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

You change the frame size in the style Envelope Address if you are printing
the envelope without viewing it. If you are creating the envelope, you can
drag the frame to enlarge it.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bendarr" wrote in message
Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for the size
of
font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bendarr

Default How do I change number of lines in delivery address on envelop

Where do you find the style envelope address?

"Bendarr" wrote in message
Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for the size
of
font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Format menu, select Styles and Formatting and from the Show pull
down, select "All Styles"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bendarr" wrote in message
Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for the
size
of
font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mystified

I had the same question; thanks for the helpful answers.
Solving that problem led to another: While all lines of the address are now
printing, they are wrapping around. For instance, instead of City, State Zip
on one line, I'm getting City, State on one line and Zip on the next line.
Is there a way to keep the lines intact, the way they are in the original
(by widening the frame, perhaps)?
Thanks.

"Bendarr" wrote:

Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for the size of
font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mystified

I got it to work for one envelope, but I can't seem to save the new (wider)
settings. I've followed the directions on the website 8 or 9 times, but to
no avail.

More specifically, I have a Word file with a bunch of addresses. I want to
select each address, then go to Tools Letters and Mailings Envelopes and
Labels. But from there, whether I Print or Change Document, each time the
width comes up as 5.5" rather than the 6.5" that I changed it to.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

"Bendarr" wrote:

Some addresses will not fit on 3 lines on the delivery address on an
envelope. Word shifts a 3 line to 4 lines which only the top of it is
printed. There is plenty of room on the envelope for 3 lines for
the size of font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You need to check the add to template button when editing the Envelope
Address style to ensure that the changes are passed to the template, and
then you need to ensure the template is saved. If necessary open the
template directly in Word and make the changes there. Note that if using
more than one template there could be an Envelope Address style in each.

Alternatively you could download the envelope template examples from my web
site which have a wider frame.