Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jacobite

Default formatting with tables problem

I have created a table in word which is behaving very stangely. I can't seem
to move it down the page by putting in returns above it, and when I attempt
to paste another table above it to move it down the page - the new table
appears to paste itslef on top of the original. Infuriating!

any ideas?

j.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amFjb2JpdGU=?=,

I have created a table in word which is behaving very stangely. I can't seem
to move it down the page by putting in returns above it, and when I attempt
to paste another table above it to move it down the page - the new table
appears to paste itslef on top of the original. Infuriating!

If this is Word 2002 or 2003, click in the "stubborn" table. Table/Table
Properties and make sure "Text wrapping" is set to NONE.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi j. -

It sounds like you have the table's Text Wrapping property set to 'Around' -
With the insertion point in the table, go to TableProperties & set the Text
Wrapping to 'None'.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones