Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KB KB is offline

Default My word 2007 Beta needs to set up at each boot

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi KB,

It could be from a corrupt template or an interfering add-in but you may want to first try the Office Diagnostics program from Word
File(Office Pearl)=Word Options=Resources

======

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KB KB is offline

Hi Bob,

thanks for your message- actually it rang a belle - as I often have some
error messages when closing word saying that my "normal template" can not be
found or something like that. Why is my normal template missing?

Karime

"KB" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?S0I=?=,

I often have some
error messages when closing word saying that my "normal template" can not be
found or something like that. Why is my normal template missing?

Please note down and tell use the EXACT message you see. It does make a
difference :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary McC Gary McC is offline

Default MS Office 2007 Beta needs to set up at each boot

I have the same problem, but it occurs regardless of which program I open in
the suite. This just started since the last beta update. I have no idea what
caused this. During the configuration, the last message that shows up is
"installing shared MUI -English"
--
Gary, Saskatoon, SK

"KB" wrote:

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

I have seen that once before, namely after I installed IE7.
I'd run a full repair via Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Change
Office 2007, Repair.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"KB" wrote:

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Krievins Ed Krievins is offline

Thank God Patrick has seen this problem. I am sufferring chronically from
this at the moment. On all my Office B2TR Programs. I cannot open any of
them. I receive the message"

"Configuring Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007 Beta".

I cannot even open Outlook 2007 to read my email, after this screen comes up
and the blue bars take their course. I need urgent help with this, like ring
for an ambulance.

When this started: After I installed last Friday evening the Calendar
Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007.

The Symptoms: Multiple Screens in Outlook 2007, of the core visuals. All
other Office 2007 Programs cannot open.

Point To Note: I had a read of Patrick's Blog listed in his reply. Brilliant
work. However, based on me ending up here becuase of this problem, and what
Patrick is saying with the progress of Office 2007, it appears that all these
add-ons coming out for downloads are actually geared towards the Office 2007
RTM vis-a-vis, final retail product to the public. Obviously Microsoft's
people have access to the RTM to develop the add-ons.

Us Joe Publics are either running B2 or B2TR, and these add-ons are not
functioning with B2 or B2TR.

Furthermore, when you read the download details of these add-on's , and
other build-on applications in the MS Download Center pages, the "Applies
To:" Section states "2007 Office System" specifically. It does not state 2007
Office System Beta 2 or 2007 Office System B2TR. So a final product Add-on is
potentially affecting a B2 or B2TR product it is not intended for.

Await your ambulance.
--
Thank you very much for your interest if you reply.

Ed Krievins
(A Student regarding this particular thread)

:

"KB" wrote:

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You can tell whether an add-on is for RTM or not. Anything that has a
release date of November is for RTM.
You tried a repair?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80

:

To:" Section states "2007 Office System" specifically. It does not state 2007

:

"KB" wrote:

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary McC Gary McC is offline

Running "Repair" through Control PanelAdd Remove Programs for Microsoft
Office Professional Beta 2007 solved the probllem.
--
Gary, Saskatoon, SK

To:" Section states "2007 Office System" specifically. It does not state 2007

:

"KB" wrote:

Whenever I open Word, I always see this message that 2007 Beta needs to
perpare the setup files and configure itself. This issue only appies to Word
(never had any trouble with ppt, xls or outlook (besides some occasional
crashes).

Why do I see this?

KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Krievins Ed Krievins is offline

Guys,

Thanks for your reply. First of all, great infor for telling me about the
Add-ons having a November release date which applies to RTM. No more Add-ons
until i either buy the new Office 2007, or try a retail Trial Version for a
while. I am using Beta2TR so I have while to use Office before the product
stops functioning. April 2007 I believe.

Anyway, have fixed the problem. I did try as one of the first options, the
repair function, but it did not stop the configuration window from appearing.
It kept coming up on every version, and then crashed every version.

I fixed the problem in a very unorthodox manner which MS may, or may not
advocate.

When you install Office 2007, you have two options. "Install" or Customize".
When you click "Install", basically everything installs except for those
features that are disabled originally by default. However, when you go to the
"Program & Features" in Vista, the entry only shows up as Office 2007
Professional Plus.

I use a really great cleaning utility called CCleaner or what it really
stands for is "Crap Cleaner". This cleans out so much junk from your machine,
at times it actually cleans out too much, and I have to reinstall a prgram
now and then.

It has a built in Uninstall Utility that when clicking on the Uninstall
Button, the entries for MS Office 2007 Pro Plus show up as nearly entry that
is shown in the Customize part of the original MS Office 2007 install
selection. Include is:

Microsoft Office Shared MUI for Office 2007 (Beta)

and

Microsoft Office Shared MUI for Acces 2007, Excel 2007, InfoPath 2007,
Outlook 2007 OneNote 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Word 2007 etc etc ect. Each
individual entry stacked as part of the usual visual you see in Add/Remove or
Program and Programs and Features.

I uninstalled the Microsoft Office Shared MUI For Microsoft Office 2007
(Beta) entry, and the problem went away. What a relief. THis stopped the
configuration screen coming up for each application whilst retaining the
individual MUI's for each application. I do not have any need for
International Language or Foreign Translation, so it was not a hinderance to
do this.

I would be interested in your feedback on this solution.
--

To:" Section states "2007 Office System" specifically. It does not state 2007

: