Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] cubswin96@gmail.com is offline

Default Leaders Across Table Cells

I am confused by these instructions I received...

Key the following information into a two-column table. Use a left tab
for the first column and a right tab for the second column. Use leaders
between the columns.

How do I do this? I select the table and then I manually set tabs on
both ends of the table. I then go to Format--Tabs and set the leaders
and it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Tabs and leaders generally have no place in a table. Why not just do it in
the document itself? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/N....htm#RightTabs

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am confused by these instructions I received...

Key the following information into a two-column table. Use a left tab
for the first column and a right tab for the second column. Use leaders
between the columns.

How do I do this? I select the table and then I manually set tabs on
both ends of the table. I then go to Format--Tabs and set the leaders
and it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Could the word 'table' be a description of how the document should look
rather than an instruction to use the table command? What you are trying to
prepare sounds a bit like a programme such as you would use to display actors
and the parts they play or a table of contents with page numbers. There is no
need for the first tab (unless the first column has to be indented from the
margin), but if you set a right tab where you want the right column to align
and set it to have leaders you should achieve the display required without
using tables. Hope this helps. Is this an instruction from an exam question?
If so, which exam?
--
Rae Drysdale

Two rows per row? Ed Sheehan Tables 8 December 20th 06 07:34 PM
Creating a TOC from multiple cells of a table. Scott Tables 2 October 26th 06 08:43 AM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 1st 05 11:29 PM
Select specific cells in table via macro Bill Sturdevant Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 05 03:01 PM
Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP) Jaykay Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:16 AM