Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DH DH is offline

Default Checkboxes- From 10 days ago...

What's the proper way to bring up a question that was posted 10 days ago?
Hopefully the answer is to post the link, so here it is: (regarding
checkboxes).
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...4-4d29fac9e36a
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear Bear is offline

DH:

I downloaded the file you indicated. Those check boxes are macro button
fields. You can determine whether or not your check boxes are macro buttons
by right-clicking on one and seeing if the shortcut menu has Toggle Field
Codes. Click that command if it's there. You may see { MACROBUTTON Xxxx []}
where Xxxx is the name of the macro, and [] is my approximation of a checkbox
image.

In the downloaded file, these macro buttons were referring to a macro that
was not present. So you may need to open the VBE (Alt+F11) and see if you can
determine where the macros should be, and put them there. It may be that the
document contains a reference to a file that is now in a different location.
That was the problem with the downloaded FAX form.

Bear

Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DH DH is offline

Thanks for the reply Bear. Now you've got me wanting to go back to the office
to check this out....! But, I think it can wait until Monday.
Thanks,
DH

"Bear" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi D.H. and Bear,

The version of the 'Professional' Fax cover sheet template thast shipped with Word (ProfFax.dot or Professional Fax.dot - depending
on Word version) prior to Word 2007 includes two autocorrect entries and two macros that provide the 'toggle' of check/unchecked
functionality behind the macro button check boxes.

The version of the same template on OfficeOnline
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...129531033.aspx
does not include the macros or the autocorrect entries.

The autocorrect entries are basically two symbol characters one is the unchecked box the other is the checked one.

These are the macros included in the 'regular' version of the template that you can restore to the online download version.

'====First Line============
Sub CheckIt()

ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries("C hecked Box").Insert Whe=Selection.Range

End Sub

'=================
Sub UncheckIt()

ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries("U nchecked Box").Insert Whe=Selection.Range

End Sub
'======Last Line==========

You can open the OfficeOnline Professsional Fax template, use Alt+F11 to enter the VBA editor. Select there the current
(professional fax) template and then paste the above macros in. Hover over the 'save button' in the VBA editor to be sure it's
saving the 'correct' template/document then save the macros into the template.

You'll still need to create the two autotext entries.

Fortunately g the process for creating checkbox toggles, using the macros and autotext entries from the original MS template, and
how to use different choices for the buttons is documented in the step by step article at:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Add days kaybee717 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 6th 07 08:56 PM
Calculate 95 days ago tjtjjtjt Microsoft Word Help 2 January 17th 06 03:42 PM
Add 30 days to Date JDP@Work Mailmerge 5 June 10th 05 10:49 PM
The world is really unstable these days...... [email protected] Mailmerge 0 May 16th 05 04:30 AM
The world is really unstable these days...... [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 May 16th 05 04:29 AM