Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
galatea2153 galatea2153 is offline

Default record of creation when saving documents

Hi - I think in Word 2000 or 2003 there was a process by which when you saved
a document, you could also complete other information as well as the file
name, such as autor name, typist name, date created etc. Does anyone know if
this feature is still available in Word 2007, and if so, how to access it?
Thanks in advance.
Megan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word Options Prepare Properties or add FileProperties to a keyboard
shortcut from the All Commands group in the keyboard shortcut dialog.

galatea2153 wrote:
Hi - I think in Word 2000 or 2003 there was a process by which when
you saved a document, you could also complete other information as
well as the file name, such as autor name, typist name, date created
etc. Does anyone know if this feature is still available in Word
2007, and if so, how to access it? Thanks in advance.
Megan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Megan,

The option setting to prompt you for the document properties is no longer in Word 2007. You can use Office
Button=Prepare=Properties=Advanced to get to it or add it to the Quick Access Toolbar via
Alt, T, O, C and select from the 'All Commands' list the 'Advanced Document Properties' choice.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP