Samantha

Default Check boxes don't work for other users!

I used the instructions found at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm to create check boxes in a
document. However, when I send this document to other users, they can't get
the check boxes to work. I tried installing the macro on one user's PC, but
it still didn't work. Is there some way to embed the macro in the file so it
can be used by others as well?

Thanks...

Samantha

Thanks, Suzanne. I did load the Auto Text into the other PC, though, and it
still didn't work. ???

I've never understood how Greg's method works. If you start with one of the
fax cover sheet templates that ship with Word and create a template based on
it, it will contain the necessary macros and AutoText entries.

"Samantha" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne. I did load the Auto Text into the other PC, though, and

it
still didn't work. ???

Samantha

Thanks again, Suzanne. Unfortunately, I'm working in a document that was
created by someone else, and it didn't start out as an MS template. So I'm
trying to create the check boxes from scratch, which is why I tried Greg's
method. I'm just not sure why, if the document has the macro and autotext
and the autotext is on the other person's PC, it's not working right.

I'd hate to create the whole document from scratch, using the template as a
base, but with the amount of time I've spent on it today, I could have done
that a couple of times!

Check boxes Kelly Microsoft Word Help 3 December 29th 04 04:43 PM
how do i insert boxes in text (to check off later when printed)? creating check boxes Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 04 12:46 PM
Check boxes in a Word form nchambers Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 04 09:02 AM
Why does Word 97 spell checker only work for one of two XP users? Donnellan Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 02:20 AM
Why doesn't work check the spelling and grammar (I know it is tur. Vonni Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 04 10:52 AM