Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
royalem3 royalem3 is offline

Default How do I reduce the number of words in my document without losing.

I want to be able to use large documents in my newsletter. There is a
feature that reduces the size of the original file without losing the quality
of the content.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot put a quart in a pint pot!

royalem3 wrote:
I want to be able to use large documents in my newsletter. There is a
feature that reduces the size of the original file without losing the
quality of the content.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Character[_4_] Character[_4_] is offline

royalem3 wrote:

I want to be able to use large documents in my newsletter. There is a
feature that reduces the size of the original file without losing the quality
of the content.

You're probably thinking about compression programs such as WinZip.
They will compress a file, but all you can do with that file is to
decompress it before using it. You can't 'use it in a newsletter'.
Compressed files are useful to reduce transmission time when e-mailing
or downloading from a website, but the recipient has to know what to
do with them.

About the only way to 'reduce the number of words' is severe editing.
Or you could translate the document to an ideographic language such as
Chinese, where each word will only take one character.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:14:00 -0700, Character
wrote:

royalem3 wrote:

I want to be able to use large documents in my newsletter. There is a
feature that reduces the size of the original file without losing the quality
of the content.

You're probably thinking about compression programs such as WinZip.
They will compress a file, but all you can do with that file is to
decompress it before using it. You can't 'use it in a newsletter'.
Compressed files are useful to reduce transmission time when e-mailing
or downloading from a website, but the recipient has to know what to
do with them.

About the only way to 'reduce the number of words' is severe editing.
Or you could translate the document to an ideographic language such as
Chinese, where each word will only take one character.

Another possibility is the AutoSummarize feature, which is on the
Tools menu in Word 2003 or earlier, and must be added to the Quick
Access Toolbar (from the All Commands category in the Customize
dialog) in Word 2007.

However, like all automation that doesn't 'understand' but only
'analyzes' natural language, it can't be expected to do its work
"without losing the quality of the content."

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman