Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CHUMLEY CHUMLEY is offline

Default How do I embed a hyperlinked file in a document for sending to som

I want to create hyperlink in a doucment (DOC A) to another document (DOC
B)that resides in My Documents folder. I would like to be able to give DOC A
to someone on a thumb drive or as an email attachment and maintain a link to
DOC B so they can open it. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Chumley,

Try inserting the file via Insert|Object|Create From File and clicking 'Display as icon' before completing the insertion. This way
there's no need to hyperlink to an external file, which can be problematic.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"CHUMLEY" wrote in message ...
I want to create hyperlink in a doucment (DOC A) to another document (DOC
B)that resides in My Documents folder. I would like to be able to give DOC A
to someone on a thumb drive or as an email attachment and maintain a link to
DOC B so they can open it. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rwr rwr is offline

CHUMLEY wrote:
I want to create hyperlink in a doucment (DOC A) to another document (DOC
B)that resides in My Documents folder. I would like to be able to give DOC A
to someone on a thumb drive or as an email attachment and maintain a link to
DOC B so they can open it. How do I do that?

Try Insert/Hyperlink and complete the dialog box.

Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CHUMLEY CHUMLEY is offline

Default How do I embed a hyperlinked file in a document for sending to

Gotcha. I was trying to find it in the new UI.

THANKS!!