Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
n6trf n6trf is offline

Default find selected text

Trying to create a macro that will find the selected text. So how do I
select text & then run a macro that will find the next 'selected' text? TIA

--
____________________________________
In Christ's matchless name

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
n6trf n6trf is offline

I know how to edit save ... . What I need is what do I use in place of .text
"something" where something is the selected word ... in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Did you read the referenced article?

"n6trf" wrote in message
I know how to edit save ... . What I need is what do I use in place of
.text "something" where something is the selected word ... in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can record a macro that uses the find/replace function, but what do you
want to do with the text that you have found.

"n6trf" wrote in message
I know how to edit save ... . What I need is what do I use in place
of .text "something" where something is the selected word ... in the
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use selection()

For example:

With Selection.Find
.Text = Selection()
End With
Selection.Find.Execute

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"n6trf" wrote in message
I know how to edit save ... . What I need is what do I use in place of
.text "something" where something is the selected word ... in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
n6trf n6trf is offline

Yes I know about recording a macro. When I'm planning on doing is seeing if
there are two occasions of that selected text in the document and then
selecting another text and repeat that etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
n6trf n6trf is offline

Ok that's what I was looking for. Seems like there should be a reference
manual or tutorial manual for vba in word someplace.