Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Hanan Michelle Hanan is offline

Default Mail merge email with attatchments

I have a macro that is in an excel worksheet. The macro merges data from the
worksheet into word documents and then merges the finished product to the
printer. Right now I am trying to set up a new macro that instead of merging
it to the printer, it merges to email. The catchup is that I need to also
add a mergefield that adds attatchments to the email. I am stuck. I put a
mergefield in the word document and added the field to the worksheet, but
it's not pulling anything when I just go through the mail merge toolbar
buttons. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Using the out-of-the-box facilities, you can merge to email using a plain
text or HTML body and no atttachments, or with a completely blank message
with an attachment, but not both.

For a method of e-mailing with attachments, see Doug Robbins' article at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Michelle Hanan" wrote in message
I have a macro that is in an excel worksheet. The macro merges data from
the worksheet into word documents and then merges the finished product to
the printer. Right now I am trying to set up a new macro that instead of
merging it to the printer, it merges to email. The catchup is that I need
to also add a mergefield that adds attatchments to the email. I am stuck. I
put a mergefield in the word document and added the field to the worksheet,
but it's not pulling anything when I just go through the mail merge toolbar
buttons. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Hanan Michelle Hanan is offline

So far I have an email field that sends the document fine....but is there
any way to stop the email before it is sent so I can add an attachment that
way?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The only way I know that's likely to work is to set Outlook so it does not
send, do the merge, open each e-mail in the Outbox, add the attachment, then
eventually re-enable Outlook so it sends. I don't know of a way that lets
you interrupt a merge to email - you would have to do /something along the
general lines/ of the code in Doug's article to do that.

Email Mail Merge LSivak Mailmerge 3 November 9th 06 07:38 PM
Mail Merge To Email Stretch Mailmerge 1 November 2nd 05 12:12 PM
mail merge to email Tim Mailmerge 2 June 3rd 05 07:44 AM
Email mail merge needhelp Mailmerge 2 May 4th 05 11:58 PM
How do I scroll pictures attatchments up on my email, instead of . Malcolm New Users 1 February 17th 05 06:13 PM