Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Onur E. Onur E. is offline

Default How can I assign different formatting to various caption labels?

In my word document I have tables and figures. I need to put their
explanation at the top/bottom of these tables and figures. These explanations
are formatted as "Caption" in order to allow automatic number adjustment of
all explanations when I made a change in the middle such as deleting one of
the table and its explanation.
So I have no chance but to assign both table and figure explanations as
"Caption".

On the other hand I need to assign different line spacing to table and
figure explanations (for tables before 12 pt after 6 pt but for figures
before 6 pt after 12 pt).

My question is how can I assign different formating to Caption? or Is it
possible to format caption label base?

I hope the question is clear enough, thank you in advance.

Onur

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Even though a caption is inserted in the Caption style, there is no
requirement that captions use this style. You can define a different style
and apply it to either the figure or table captions.