Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Picsou1981 Picsou1981 is offline

Default CTRL+ALT+E

Hi all.

Anyone knows how to disable the above keyboard shortcut ? I'm trying to use
it for a different purpose but the "Customize" window doesn't work. Typing in
CTRL+ALT+E in the "New keyboard shortcut" apparently takes me out of Word so
the changes aren't registered.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:17:01 -0700, Picsou1981
wrote:

Hi all.

Anyone knows how to disable the above keyboard shortcut ? I'm trying to use
it for a different purpose but the "Customize" window doesn't work. Typing in
CTRL+ALT+E in the "New keyboard shortcut" apparently takes me out of Word so
the changes aren't registered.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely.

I suspect you have some other program or Windows feature configured to respond
to that shortcut. By default, Word uses Ctrl+Alt+E to insert the euro symbol.
Look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211982.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Picsou1981 Picsou1981 is offline

Thxs for that swift answer.

I remember changing the euro symbol recently to ALT + S, and I customized
CTRL+ALT+E so that it inserts a special character. But now it no longer
works.

I tried to reset all my keyboard shortcuts, but it didn't change anything.
Do you know how I can trace the use of this combination of keys on my
computer ?

Yours sincerely

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:33:09 -0700, Picsou1981
wrote:

Thxs for that swift answer.

I remember changing the euro symbol recently to ALT + S, and I customized
CTRL+ALT+E so that it inserts a special character. But now it no longer
works.

I tried to reset all my keyboard shortcuts, but it didn't change anything.
Do you know how I can trace the use of this combination of keys on my
computer ?

Yours sincerely

I'm not sure. I'd start by trying the Ctrl+Alt+E shortcut in other programs,
such as Notepad (which doesn't have any shortcuts of its own, only what's
assigned in Windows). What happens, if anything?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Picsou1981 Picsou1981 is offline

Silly me !

I used that combination to start a specific program and utterly forgot about
it. Well, in my defense I must say the program doesn't really start; using
the shortcut just gets me out of any application I'm using at the time.

Thxs for your help and best regards.