Reinier

Default Auto Recovery file in use by another process

My colleague has been working on a document in WordXP that was created by me
(Word 2000). Since then, I get the following (translated) message when I have
opened the document:

"You cannot save this file when it is in use by another process. Try to save
the file with another name" with a reference to the auto recovery file of the
current file in use.

This message is followed by: "Saving the auto recovery file has been
postponed for document-name".

The document itself can be saved normally. Also the path to the location to
save the recovery files is correct. I'm only having this prolem with
documents of the specific collegue.

What causes Word displaying this error message?
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=818103 "You receive a 'You
cannot save while the file is in use by another process' error
message when you try to save an AutoRecover file in Word".

Reinier wrote:

My colleague has been working on a document in WordXP that was created by me
(Word 2000). Since then, I get the following (translated) message when I have
opened the document:

"You cannot save this file when it is in use by another process. Try to save
the file with another name" with a reference to the auto recovery file of the
current file in use.

This message is followed by: "Saving the auto recovery file has been
postponed for document-name".

The document itself can be saved normally. Also the path to the location to
save the recovery files is correct. I'm only having this prolem with
documents of the specific collegue.

What causes Word displaying this error message?

Reinier

Thank you for this suggestion. Unfortunately, the filename does not contain a
character like !, # or %, as mentioned in the link below.

The document contains also some images, which are copied into the document
(not as an external object).

Anyone more suggestions?

Thanks!

Reinier