Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbibs434 bbibs434 is offline

Default Microsoft Word Bullet Question

I am using Word 2002, and I used to be able to hit tab on a new line in a
bulleted list or outline, and this would create an indented bullet or an
indented sub-level number in the outline. Now, when I hit tab I just get a
normal indent. How do I restore the previous setting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, this is controlled by the "Set left- and first-indent with
tabs and backspaces" setting in the AutoFormat As You Type tab of the
AutoCorrect options setting. Not sure what this was called in Word 2002, but
try Tools - AutoCorrect Options (or the equivalent, if that exact command
isn't there).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible