Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Default Lock position of text box or image in document

I am trying to make a text box position stay in the same place without
allowing any other users move it. Is this possible? I cannot covert it to a
frame because it messes up the rest of the formatting. Even when I try to
lock the position-you can still move it. I want other users to be allowed to
add information to the text box, but not move its position. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which version of Word is this? If you are using Word 2003 or later you can
make use of editing restrictions. Basically, you prevent editing of a
document and then mark certain areas where editing should be allowed. See
this article:

Allow editing in a protected document
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH010397751033

For Word 2007, you get access to the task pane via the Developer tab of the
ribbon; click Protect Document. (To display the Developer tab, click Office
button | Word Options, Popular category: "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.")

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shelly" wrote:

I am trying to make a text box position stay in the same place without
allowing any other users move it. Is this possible? I cannot covert it to a
frame because it messes up the rest of the formatting. Even when I try to
lock the position-you can still move it. I want other users to be allowed to
add information to the text box, but not move its position. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Thank you for your help. No, I have Word 2000, but we will switching to 2007
in a couple of months. I will definitely use your suggestions!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Which version of Word is this? If you are using Word 2003 or later you can
make use of editing restrictions. Basically, you prevent editing of a
document and then mark certain areas where editing should be allowed. See
this article:

Allow editing in a protected document
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH010397751033

For Word 2007, you get access to the task pane via the Developer tab of the
ribbon; click Protect Document. (To display the Developer tab, click Office
button | Word Options, Popular category: "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.")

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

Note that a frame or a table cell in a protected document in Word 2000 would
work, too. For more on so-called online forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP