Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicola M Nicola M is offline

Default Setting up numbered & bulleted lists in normal.dot

How do I set these so that anyone using the normal.dot file (doc - new) will
use the correct settings when they click on the bulleted or numbered list
icons on the toolbar?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?Tmljb2xhIE0=?=,

How do I set these so that anyone using the normal.dot file (doc - new) will
use the correct settings when they click on the bulleted or numbered list
icons on the toolbar?

You'd need to create a macro (record defining the list definitions) or, if this
is a more recent version of Word a List Style and associate that with your own
toolbar buttons (but you can copy the picture from Word's to yours).

However!!!!!!! Defining "lists" in Normal.dot is NOT a very good idea, as it can
cause Normal.dot to "go bad" more quickly. So my preference would definitely be
the macro route, and I'd record the actions in a document other than Normal.dot
(the macro can still be saved in Normal.dot).

As a matter of fact, if you use a macro you can put it and the buttons in a
template other than Normal.dot. Place this in the users' STARTUP folder so that
it will load when Word starts.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Wrong numbers in numbered lists SAn Microsoft Word Help 7 September 15th 05 06:44 PM
Bulleted lists and tab functionality ChrisWis Microsoft Word Help 0 September 9th 05 05:13 PM
Numbered Lists Mary Lee Page Layout 5 August 12th 05 04:08 PM
restart numbered lists in master documents usergal Microsoft Word Help 1 February 23rd 05 02:27 PM
How do I make bulleted or numbered lists single space within the . KenStJohn Page Layout 1 December 3rd 04 07:31 PM