Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bento72

Default US / English date format mailmerge

Hi, been trying to merge with Access and the dates come across in US format.
I understand the stuff about not bringing formatting across and have tried
the format switches but although they change the way the date is displayed
(i.e. 2/1/06, 2nd January 2006, Monday, 2nd Jan and so on...) the recognition
of which figure is day and month etc doesn't work. I have ensured that the
dates are correct in Access by using long date (e.g. 1st February 2006) but
just cannot get them to read the same in Word once merged. What else can I
try ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

The following article may be worth a look:

"Month and day are not displayed in the order that you expect in a mail
merge document linked to an external data source in Word 2002"

at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327579/

Peter Jamieson

news