Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laurel[_2_] Laurel[_2_] is offline

Default How do I add a password in Word 2007?

I can't figure out how to add a password to a Word document in 2007. I've
only been able to find older version instructions in Google. HELP in word
has a nice topic called "Demo: Set a password to open or modify a workbook,
document, or presentation." Inside that is Set a password to open or modify
a document, workbook, or presentation." But when I click on that I get
"This page is unavailable." Arghhh!!!

TIA
LAS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click the Office button, click Prepare, and then click Encrypt Document.
Specify the desired password. Confirm the password when asked to.

Alternatively, in the Save As dialog box, click the Tools button, and then
click General Options (this dialog box gives you the opportunity to set
separate options for opening and modifying the document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Laurel" wrote in message
I can't figure out how to add a password to a Word document in 2007. I've
only been able to find older version instructions in Google. HELP in word
has a nice topic called "Demo: Set a password to open or modify a workbook,
document, or presentation." Inside that is Set a password to open or
modify a document, workbook, or presentation." But when I click on that I
get "This page is unavailable." Arghhh!!!

TIA
LAS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Save As and in the dialog, click on the Tools down arrow (at the bottom next
to the Save and Cancel buttons) and select General Options (a totally
misnamed option).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP