Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rosawood rosawood is offline

Default How do I convert a file to use with mail merge?

I have a 30 page file, which I had to scan in and OCR into a Word file,
delete double entries, correct spelling, etc., and which contains nothing but
names and addresses, all lines separated by a paragraph symbol. So, the file
consists of things like

Company ABC
1234 new road
Town, State 12345

Company DEF
4678 old road
Town, State 12346

I want to convert this to a form usable with a mail-merge document. Since
I've already spent hours putting this together, I'd like to find a less labor
intensive, time consuming way of doing it. The "help" file with Word 2003 is
less than helpful, and apparently mail merge is looking for different
delimiters between records. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.