REM7600

Default Any MVP's out there? Urgent Help Needed...

We're under a TIGHT deadline to distribute a document to our employees via
our Intranet (Sharepoint list based).

We are having trouble with the revisions showing in the documents. We have
tried multiple things to resolve and yet the revision pop up on some
machines and not on others.

We actually want the revisions to be GONE from the document completely as
they are history... There is no need to track any more of the information
that had been being used during the collaborative revision process.

How can we be sure that this document is as clean as possible with no
lingering comments, insertions, deletions, etc.?

Many thanks for any help you might provide! I've had great luck with MVP's
from other office based forums... Hopefully here too!

Travis

Jay Freedman

REM7600 wrote:
We're under a TIGHT deadline to distribute a document to our
employees via our Intranet (Sharepoint list based).

We are having trouble with the revisions showing in the documents.
We have tried multiple things to resolve and yet the revision pop up
on some machines and not on others.

We actually want the revisions to be GONE from the document
completely as they are history... There is no need to track any more
of the information that had been being used during the collaborative
revision process.

How can we be sure that this document is as clean as possible with no
lingering comments, insertions, deletions, etc.?

Many thanks for any help you might provide! I've had great luck with
MVP's from other office based forums... Hopefully here too!

Travis

Hi Travis,

Using the Reviewing toolbar:

- Click the Track Changes button to turn it off (the letters TRK in the
status bar at the bottom of the Word window go from black to gray).
- Click the down arrow next to the Accept Changes button and select "Accept
All Changes in Document".
- Click the down arrow next to the Delete Changes button and select "Delete
All Comments in Document".

Save the document (or use Save As to save to another filename).

An alternative to this is the Remove Hidden Data tool described at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427. That will remove almost all
identifiable information in addition to changes and comments.

And thanks for the compliments!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

REM7600

Jay...

The add-in is not showing up in the File menu like the documentation says...
any tips? I did check the security and trust all add-ins is checked.

Lemme know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks

TR
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
REM7600 wrote:
[...]

Jay Freedman

I don't know what would cause it not to appear... Look in the Tools
Templates & Add-ins dialog -- is rhd.dot listed and checked?

If you can't get it to run inside Word, follow the command-line instructions
at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427#7 or in the file
offrhdreadme.htm in the ...\Remove Hidden Data Tool\1033 folder where the
tool is installed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman