Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
autumnpost autumnpost is offline

Default WORD-add tally marks with a diagonal line through to show 5

How do I insert tally marks or tic marks to represent the number 5, i.e., 4
tic marks with a diagonal slash through it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

One way is to get a font that contains tally marks. There's a free one at
http://subtangent.com/maths/resources.php (near the bottom of the page), or
you can search Google for others.

Another way is to draw the five sets of marks with the line tool from the
Drawing toolbar, and save each one as an AutoText entry (see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom.../AutoText.htm). Then you can
insert the entry you want at any point.

--
Regards,