Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug T Doug T is offline

Default Saving Equation in Word as a Picture

In Office 2007, using the new 2007 equation editor, how do I save an equation
as a picture?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Doug,

This is one of the disappointments of Word 2007, really poor quality of the equation when it's pulled out as a graphic beyond a
screen resolution. If you save as HTML or save as Word 97-2003 format you can get an idea of the limited picture quality Word uses
when creating the equations in graphics form.

MS Research has a fix for the quality when publishing/indexing to a server from the xml that the equation is stored in. Hopefully
the Office team will be able to work that fix into Office 2007 Service Pack 2 along with the bigger announced SP2 inclusions of
built in save support for PDF, XPS and Open Office document writer file formats.

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug T[_2_] Doug T[_2_] is offline

Bob:
I might be able to live with the lower graphic quality.
How do I save either (a) the equation in 2007 or (b) the picture of it
97-2003 to a separate picture file (that I would insert in another program).

Thanks for your help.
Doug