Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoBo JoBo is offline

Default Last page footer

Hi

I need to apply a standard footer throughout a precedent document with the
exception of the last page.

I cannot use section breaks as the last page of the document contains the
part of the precedent that users would insert their numbered paragraphs. I
am unable to determine whether the numbered paragraphs would exceed a page.
The footer needs to apply to all pages except the last page.

I don't know if Word has this capability and it may be that I need to raise
it in training with users.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need a conditional footer. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/H...m#CleverTricks. In your
case, the field you want is

{ IF { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } "Text you want to appear on all but the last
page" }