footnotes fail to appear

Old November 4th 05, 04:58 PM
James VH

Default footnotes fail to appear

Footnotes inserted on a document page do not appear anywhere in the document.
Text appears in the little yellow box that appears when right clicked, but
nowhere else. ONly converting to an end note do they appear. Can anyone
answer this mystery?
Old November 4th 05, 05:18 PM
Daiya Mitchell

Are you in Normal View?

Do they appear if you select View | Footnotes?

Do they appear in Print Preview?

See if the style Footnote Reference might have "hidden" applied to it. I
don't know your version of Word, so I can't tell you exactly what steps to
take to see a style definition.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old November 4th 05, 06:32 PM
Daiya Mitchell

Pardon, I meant check the style Footnote Text (Footnote Reference only
controls the numbers).

Old November 8th 05, 11:50 PM
James VH

The endnotes fail to appear in any view. Of the 120 in this section, 20 don't
appear. I have version 2003. I checked styles and do not find any "hidden"
option for endnote text. AFter playing with the document for a while, I now
can not bring up these notes either as endnotes or footnotes. They only seem
to live inside the little yellow boxes. Thanks for trying to help.
james

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Are you in Normal View?

Do they appear if you select View | Footnotes?

Do they appear in Print Preview?

See if the style Footnote Reference might have "hidden" applied to it. I
don't know your version of Word, so I can't tell you exactly what steps to
take to see a style definition.

On 11/4/05 8:58 AM, "James VH" wrote:

Footnotes inserted on a document page do not appear anywhere in the document.
Text appears in the little yellow box that appears when right clicked, but
nowhere else. ONly converting to an end note do they appear. Can anyone
answer this mystery?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

continuous footnotes on the same line Yehuda S Microsoft Word Help 2 June 3rd 05 06:03 AM
Footnotes and sections combined Lynnie Page Layout 3 April 1st 05 04:28 PM
Hidden footnotes Wick Tables 1 February 27th 05 03:05 AM
How do you view only footnotes and/or make a list of footnotes? Secretary short on time. Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 09:50 PM
footnotes with multiple sections dcn1396 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 20th 04 01:47 AM