ASK & REF Fail with Doc Protection

Old December 2nd 09, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori

Default ASK & REF Fail with Doc Protection

Hello,

I'm using Word 2007 to create business cards for my team. I've used the ASK
and REF to prompt and fill in their name and phone number. It works, mostly,
the document has to be selected first and then the fields updated for the
prompt to work. Not that big an issue.

The problem is when I secure the document so they can't change other
information. You can't select the whole document to get the ASK feild prompt
so it won't update the REF.

How can I secure the document and still prompt for the information?

Lori
Old December 2nd 09, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Either replace the ASK and REF fields with legacy form fields (on the
Legacy Tools button in the Developer tab of the ribbon) or create a
userform (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm
or http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and..._UserForm.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old December 7th 09, 12:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori

Jay,

Thanks for the info I'll check it out.

Lori