Why does word change my odd page section breaks to continuous?

Old December 1st 05, 04:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Why does word change my odd page section breaks to continuous?

Sometimes after I insert an odd page section break, Word changes it to a
continuous section break. How can I keep this from happening?
Old January 9th 06, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I just posted this very question Friday, but mine were changing from "New
Page" section breaks to "Continuous." I then discovered that if I go into
the section following the actual break mark, and then pull up "Page Setup"
from the "File" menu, and look under the "Layout" tab, at the top, there is
"Section." Make sure that is changed to whichever type of section break you
want. I think you will find that it's "Continuous" there, and that is why it
keeps changing it. Hope this helps. It fixed my problem.