Section Breaks Change From Continuous To Page

Old April 23rd 06, 04:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Section Breaks Change From Continuous To Page

I am automating putting multiple documents together. In the source
documents, I add a continuous page break in VBA. Then I insert each document
into a new blank document:

myRange.FormattedText = DestDoc.Content.FormattedText

All the section break come in fine, except the last one in the Destination
Document is always changed to a Next Page Section break instead of a
continuous Section Break.

Is this a feature?

Derek

Old April 25th 06, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Derek,

I am automating putting multiple documents together. In the source
documents, I add a continuous page break in VBA. Then I insert each document
into a new blank document:

myRange.FormattedText = DestDoc.Content.FormattedText

All the section break come in fine, except the last one in the Destination
Document is always changed to a Next Page Section break instead of a
continuous Section Break.

Is this a feature?

Some versions of Word (2000, especially) are "nasty" and somewhat unpredictable
in this respect. You might check the default section break setting in File/Page
Setup/Layout and if that is not set to "Continuous" change that. See if that
settles things down, at all...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org