Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scotti

Default Locking in Print Preview

How can I ensure that e-mail attachments in Word (2003) always open in Print
Preview. They keep opening in Reader Layout.
--
Scotti
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the
check box next to "Allow starting in Reading Layout".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Scotti" wrote in message
How can I ensure that e-mail attachments in Word (2003) always open
in Print
Preview. They keep opening in Reader Layout.
--
Scotti

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Scotti" wrote in message
How can I ensure that e-mail attachments in Word (2003) always

open
in Print
Preview. They keep opening in Reader Layout.
--
Scotti

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Apparently you were asking about attachments you open on your computer, and
disabling "Allow starting in Reading Layout" will accomplish that. Note,
however, that you cannot predict or guarantee what will happen on anyone
else's computer if you're sending a document as an attachment. Even if you
save the document in Print Layout view (not Print Preview, which you can't
do), it will open in Reading Layout if the recipient has that feature
enabled.