Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phytoqueen

Default Change endnote order from occurence to alphabetical

This is so frustrating.

I finished a manuscript with endnotes numbered by its occurence in the text
(as a default in MS Word), but the journal that I'd like to send it out says
the endnotes should be numbered by alphabetical order by the first author's
name.

How do I change endnote number from occurence to alphabetical order??

Please help..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phytoqueen

Thank you for great resource.

But it explains how to creat references alphabetical order, not how to
convert the order of the endnotes by occurence into alphabetical order.

I already made a file using endnotes by occurence.
Is there anyway to convert it to alphabetial order without redoing the whole
work?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#AlphaEndnotes

"phytoqueen" wrote in message
This is so frustrating.

I finished a manuscript with endnotes numbered by its occurence in the

text
(as a default in MS Word), but the journal that I'd like to send it out

says
the endnotes should be numbered by alphabetical order by the first

author's
name.

How do I change endnote number from occurence to alphabetical order??

Please help..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This might work: Copy the endnotes, paste into a new doc, sort, add numbers
if desired, then paste back into the original doc.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#AlphaEndnotes

newsgroup so
all may benefit.