Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS SteS is offline

Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with an embedded Excel object which isn't showing
the full worksheet in a Word document.

I'm creating an invoice template in Word and am using an embedded Excel
object to display the item quantities, description, unit price, total
price, etc.

When I return to Word, the object is being cropped so I can only see it
stretch across a third of the page, yet I want to see the entire
printable area of the worksheet. Resizing the object only stretches
the visible portion rather than allows me to see the full worksheet.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ste

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Resize the object as necessary *before* clicking out of it - keep in mind
also that a linked or embedded object cannot span a page break.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/10/07 8:58 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with an embedded Excel object which isn't showing
the full worksheet in a Word document.

I'm creating an invoice template in Word and am using an embedded Excel
object to display the item quantities, description, unit price, total
price, etc.

When I return to Word, the object is being cropped so I can only see it
stretch across a third of the page, yet I want to see the entire
printable area of the worksheet. Resizing the object only stretches
the visible portion rather than allows me to see the full worksheet.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ste

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS[_2_] SteS[_2_] is offline

I should have said, I'm using Word 2004 on the Mac. When I double-click
the object, it automatically opens Excel and I have to edit the object
from Excel. Unless there's a way I'm missing that would allow me to
edit the object in the Word document?

Thanks,

Ste

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

See in-line below:

On 8/11/07 7:25 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

I should have said, I'm using Word 2004 on the Mac.

Well Yes, you certainly _should_ have - especially since you posted to PC
Word newsgroup It's a;ways a good idea to post version info even if you
*know* you're in the right group.

When I double-click
the object, it automatically opens Excel and I have to edit the object
from Excel. Unless there's a way I'm missing that would allow me to
edit the object in the Word document?

If this is a *new* Excel Worksheet Object created in Word I'm afraid you've
run into one of the major differences between Mac/PC Word - OLE
implementation. I don't claim to be able to explain "why" but the simple
fact is that embedded Excel worksheets created in Mac Word are limited to
displaying a meager 5 columns & a paltry 10 rows.

If you need to display more than that you'll have to create an Excel
workbook file then use either the Insert Object From File method *or*
Copy Paste Special MS Excel Worksheet Object. Either should work in a
similar fashion & you also have the option to link rather than embed.

For future reference the group you want is microsoft.public.mac.office.word
or one of the others listed he

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...?pid=community

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS[_2_] SteS[_2_] is offline

On 2007-08-13 00:31:23 +0100, CyberTaz said:

See in-line below:

On 8/11/07 7:25 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Bob, much appreciated. Sorry for the late reply...

Ste