Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Default problem with caption

Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix using word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the previous all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot insert figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the same error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix using

word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the previous

all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot insert

figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the same

error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Hi,

I used this document to make the changes. I have done the heading successful
but now have big trouble with captions, once i created caption for appendix.
Even the new documents have the same error. Even after I have deleted the
created caption.

Bivragh

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix using

word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the previous

all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot insert

figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the same

error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is heading numbering correctly defined? Are you sure that the
referenced heading level is used in the document? Does switching to
print preview and back (or manually updating fields by selecting the
entire document and then pressing F9) help?

If you press Alt+F9, what field codes display instead of the captions?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix

using
word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the

previous
all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style

in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot

insert
figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the

same
error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Here are the error and field code below :I dong thave problem with equation
and have problem with figure and table. The field code is different but I
dont know what it means. When I update all my figures give the same error.
There is no problem with the headings.

Figure Error! No text of specified style in document. 1

Equation 1

Figure {STYLEREF 1 \s }-{SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1}

Equation 1{SEQ Equation \* ARABIC \s 1}

There is some style ref 1, any idea how to fix it.

Thanks

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix

using
word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the

previous
all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style

in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot

insert
figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the

same
error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Yes I have heading 1 on auto numbering as I have different chpaters. Also I
need to use later heading numbers to use in appendix as recomended earlier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your Figure captions are trying to take their numbering from Heading 1. Does
your Heading 1 style have auto numbering?

news

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix
using
word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the
previous
all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style
in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot
insert
figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the
same
error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that you can use only one heading style per caption. So if you're using
Figure (referencing Heading 1) in your main document and then are using a
lower heading level for the appendix titles, you'll have to create a new
caption (Exhibit is often used for appendixes) and reference the appropriate
heading level in it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your Figure captions are trying to take their numbering from Heading 1.

Does
your Heading 1 style have auto numbering?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

"Bivragh" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Hi,

This is what i did, i opened a new document, made a caption, linking it to
heading 1, made an other caption linking it to heading 5, and it works. But
for the other docuemnt where my work is it doesnt seems to work. I am still
getting same error
Figure {STYLEREF 1 \s }-{SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \s 1}
Any idea how can i get back to normal phase
regards

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your Figure captions are trying to take their numbering from Heading 1.

Does
your Heading 1 style have auto numbering?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news Here are the error and field code below :I dong thave problem with

"Bivragh" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MojMov MojMov is offline

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix using word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked correctly but when I closed
and opened document and I wanted to insert that caption, it isn't appear in
the labels.

"Bivragh" wrote:

Hi,

I tried to make a new label in caption to use in my appendix using word
2003. When I inserted the new caption, it worked but the previous all
captions gave an error "Figure Error! No text of specified style in
document". I removed the new caption label, but now I cannot insert figure
caption. I even tried to insert in a new document but still the same error. I
didnt change the table caption but i still get the same error.
Any idea how I can change it and also use the new lable.

Thanks

Bivragh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure to save normal.dot after creating the caption. This should
happen when you exit Word (either automatically or after you've
confirmed the save operation), but if it doesn't, you can force it by
holding the Shift key as you click the File menu. Word displays the
Save All command; choose it to save all open documents.

For detailed instructions on numbering headings and figures in an
appendix, see