Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdlayton

Default Replace fonts between quotes from regular text to bold?

How may I automatically replace all words between double quotes from regular
text to bold text (i.e., "all words in regular text" to "all words in bold
text")?

Thank you,
Marilyn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Are they "straight" quotes, or are they “directional” quotes?

If they are straight quotes, one method I can think of would require two
steps (unless you want the quote marks to also be bold):

1. Set Find:"*" Enable Use Wildcard. Press Ctrl+B twice so that Not Bold
is set as the Find formatting. Click in the Replace field, and press Ctrl+B
once so that Bold is set at the replace formatting; make sure that the
Replace field is empty. Click Replace All.

2. To unbold the quotes, Set Find:" only, set the formatting to Bold; clear
the Use Wildcards option, and set the formatting of the [still empty]
Replace field to Not Bold. Click Replace All.

Obviously, if you otherwise have any quotes that you want kept bold, step 2
isn't what you want.

If they are directional quotes that you have, you should type “*” into your
document, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into the Find field,
rather than using "*".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"mdlayton" wrote in message
How may I automatically replace all words between double quotes from
regular
text to bold text (i.e., "all words in regular text" to "all words in bold
text")?

Thank you,
Marilyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber

Hi Marilyn,

want a macro?

Try:

Sub BoldBetweenDirectionalDoubleQuotes()
Dim rDcm As Range
Set rDcm = ActiveDocument.Range
With rDcm.Find
.Text = Chr(147) & "*" & Chr(148)
.MatchWildcards = True
While .Execute
'rDcm.Select ' for testing only
rDcm.Start = rDcm.Start + 1
rDcm.End = rDcm.End - 1
rDcm.Font.Bold = True
rDcm.Start = rDcm.End + 1
rDcm.End = ActiveDocument.Range.End
Wend
End With
End Sub

Might be way too much for someone
who's never seen anything like that.

But you'll never know.

Otherwise, follow Herb's instructions.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

A way to replace text Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 10 August 25th 05 05:52 PM
My auto text is in bold and italic when put in my document PeggyC Microsoft Word Help 0 August 2nd 05 08:13 PM
I want to replace black text with a different text of another colo Oftheson Microsoft Word Help 2 March 9th 05 10:41 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Find Replace bold formatting with delimiter Steve Microsoft Word Help 7 December 7th 04 03:41 PM