Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nospam[_2_] Nospam[_2_] is offline

Default no picture appearing in document

Hi,

I'm using word 2002 at work

office XP at home

windows XP

when I copy a jpg photo 320x240

into a doc on my home machine it appears.

When I do it at work I get a white box with a red cross in the corner.

If a change the format of the jpg to bmp it works as it should, a
picture appears.

Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks

--
Nospam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

KB Article 825772 suggests:

To work around this problem, turn off the Update links on save option in
Word 2003. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Start Word 2003.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click the General tab, and then click Web Options.
4. Click the Files tab, and then click to clear the Update links on save
check box.
5. Click OK two times.

Worth a try even if you are using 2002

Also take a look at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/RedX.htm. However,
I believe that page is presently undergoing a revision and it may not yet
contain the most up-to-date information.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nospam" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using word 2002 at work

office XP at home

windows XP

when I copy a jpg photo 320x240

into a doc on my home machine it appears.

When I do it at work I get a white box with a red cross in the corner.

If a change the format of the jpg to bmp it works as it should, a picture
appears.

Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks

--
Nospam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's undergone a massive revision, but the revised version hasn't been
posted yet, unfortunately.

http://word.mvps.org