Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes

Default cannot insert address in "Envelopes and Labels" window

When I click on the address icon I get a message "Either there is no default
mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request.
Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I have run Microsoft Office Outlook and have set it as the default client,
yet I still get the above error. Then Word stops and I have to end it. What
is the problem? One clue could be that after downloading Office 2003 upgrades
I ran Outlook Express and it asked if I wanted to set it as the default mail
client, and I clicked the yes button. If this is the problem how do I reset
Outlook express?
Thanks
--
Hermes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Check the setting both from Outlook and from Windows Control Panel
internet options.

Find the WIN.INI file in your Windows folder (typically C:\WINDOWS),
make a backup copy of it, and open it in Notepad.
Ensure that the following text is in there, and add it if not

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

You will need to close all copies of Word before this change has a chance of
taking effect. It is probably safest to restart Windows to be completely
sure.

Hermes wrote:
When I click on the address icon I get a message "Either there is no
default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the
messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as
the default mail client."

I have run Microsoft Office Outlook and have set it as the default
client, yet I still get the above error. Then Word stops and I have
to end it. What is the problem? One clue could be that after
downloading Office 2003 upgrades I ran Outlook Express and it asked
if I wanted to set it as the default mail client, and I clicked the
yes button. If this is the problem how do I reset Outlook express?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes

Hi Graham,
The code is there in WIN.INI exactly as you show it. How do I check the
setting from Outlook? In Internet options Programs the contact list is set
to Microsoft Office Outlook, is this correct?
Thanks for your prompt reply.
--
Hermes

Hermes wrote:
When I click on the address icon I get a message "Either there is no
default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the
messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as
the default mail client."

I have run Microsoft Office Outlook and have set it as the default
client, yet I still get the above error. Then Word stops and I have
to end it. What is the problem? One clue could be that after
downloading Office 2003 upgrades I ran Outlook Express and it asked
if I wanted to set it as the default mail client, and I clicked the
yes button. If this is the problem how do I reset Outlook express?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Glad to hear it