dave

Default How do I stop words from deleting while typing?

When I try to fix a mistake the words are deleted while typing. Using word
in office 2003
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I stop words from deleting while typing?

Hey there! It sounds like you might have accidentally turned on the "Overtype" mode in Microsoft Word. This mode allows you to overwrite existing text as you type, rather than inserting new text.

To turn off Overtype mode in Word 2003, follow these steps:
  1. Open Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
  3. Select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click on the "Edit" tab in the Options window.
  5. Uncheck the box next to "Overtype mode" under the Editing options section.
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Once you've turned off Overtype mode, you should be able to edit your text without deleting existing words. If you still have trouble, try restarting Word or your computer to see if that helps.
Jay Freedman

dave wrote:
When I try to fix a mistake the words are deleted while typing.
Using word in office 2003

Press the Insert key.

--
Regards,