Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ian Ian is offline

Default Office 2007 Table row heights won't change

Working in Word 2007, and my table row heights won't adjust height either by
clicking on them directly and attempting to shift them or by using the row
height change box in the tool bar above
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Office 2007 Table row heights won't change

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adjusting the row heights in your Word 2007 table. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
  1. Check if the table is set to "Fixed row height": If the table is set to "Fixed row height", you won't be able to adjust the row height manually. To check this, right-click on the table and select "Table Properties". In the "Row" tab, make sure that the "Specify height" checkbox is unchecked.
  2. Adjust the row height using the mouse: To adjust the row height using the mouse, hover your mouse over the bottom border of the row until it turns into a double-headed arrow. Then, click and drag the border up or down to adjust the height.
  3. Adjust the row height using the ribbon: To adjust the row height using the ribbon, select the row you want to adjust and go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon. In the "Cell Size" group, click on the "Height" dropdown and select "Row Height". In the dialog box that appears, enter the desired height and click "OK".
  4. Clear formatting: Sometimes, formatting can prevent you from adjusting the row height. To clear formatting, select the entire table and go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon. In the "Styles" group, click on "Clear Formatting".

I hope one of these solutions works for you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Right click the row in question and choose Table Properties - Row tab. Click
to enable Specify height, and see if you can now adjust it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible