Northerner67 Northerner67 is offline
Junior Member

Default Doc name, not "commerical"

All questions that I read on-line about Office 2010's student version that ask about why it says "Microsoft Word Non-Commerical Use" when a Word doc is open are only asking about why it says that. But my frustration is not that per se but that it doesn't show my document's name either at the top of my doc nor in the task bar. Is there a way I can get it to always show the doc name? It seems absurd, especially, that I can't see on the task bar which doc (by name) is open or which doc is which, since they all have the same designation (Microsoft Word Non-Commerical Use). In fact, though, they don't line up on the task bar at all and, when I have more than one open, I can't just click on another doc in my task bar but must minimize the one I'm in and restore the other. Can I change that so it works more like my old Word 2003--that is, with all docs and their names showing on the task bar?

Last edited by Northerner67 : January 19th 13 at 08:46 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How the taskbar looks like will depend on *Windows*, not Word.

If you are using Windows 7, you should see the document name(s) if you rest
the mouse pointer on the taskbar button for Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Northerner67" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I forgot to mention that you can change the taskbar options if you want to
see the document name at all times. Right-click the taskbar and select
Properties. On the Taskbar tab, for "Taskbar buttons," select the "Never"
option. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP