Mansn Mansn is offline
Junior Member

Default Quality problems with broken links in Office 2010

Okay, so here is the problem I am having. I work as an Environmental Consultant and as part of my job I create a lot of reports. I have recently tried automating the generation of these reports by building a template. This involves a lot of copy and paste special from an Excel spreadsheet. Currently at work we use Office 2007 and that has caused no end of grief in relation to the links breaking when moving the document around between different folders (for each new project basically).

So I am currently testing Office 2010 on my home PC and the updating of links does actually occur automatically! It's amazing. I was so excited when I found out that this worked. There is however one hurdle I still need to overcome.

In Word 2010, once the link has broken and then repaired itself, the shading of graphs is kind of weird.

This is what I mean:

At the top is a "fresh" paste special from our Excel spreadsheet and at the bottom is a link that is still working, but I changed the name of the folder that both the Excel spreadsheet and Word document reside in while the applications were closed. On re-opening the document Word 2010 automatically pics up that the folder has moved or been renamed and updates the links. However somewhere along the way something gets lost.

Is there some way to completely "re-generate" the links in a word document automatically to loose any bad info they might have attached to them?

I hope the way I have explained it makes sense.

Last edited by Mansn : June 12th 10 at 05:19 AM